Sunday, October 14, 2007

Studio 14

What do you do when you find yourself going from a nightmare into a weird dream in half-sleep? If you are anything like me, you write a story from that:

"Hello, and welcome to tonight's episode of Studio 14 on the Nightmare Street. A short history before we commence our show: As you probably know, this is the longest running show in the history of the network. The Studio we are sitting in right now, is the studio the show is shot in from the start. It was named after the show, and of course, it's content.

In a few minutes, the show will start in the sets in front of you. Each week, we normally record material worth around 2 and half hours. As those who have seen the show before know, your nightmares can be anything from ugly, slashing monsters, dangerous places to something as innocuous as rejection from your near and dear ones. Of course, as you might have noticed, one's nightmare is often another's comedy, so there is something for each of you in the show. And everybody has his favourite, or should I say nightmarish, bits.

Right behind you, that door on the ground floor leads to the writers' room. All the writers would be sitting in their chairs praying right about now, because as the writers in the audience can tell, the nightmare scenario for them is normally not getting the response they want from the audience.

Now you can see our director is in his room and the executive producers are standing on the balcony looking anxious. That is our cue to start the show. We have a great show lined up for you tonight. Thank you for coming out here, and hope you are ready to be spooked."



- The Great Eagle Has Spoken

P.S. The title is a reference to a show whose early demise I am still mourning.

P.P.S. Find my other attempts of writing "original fiction" here.

Quote of The Day:

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
- Edgar Allan Poe (1809 - 1849), "Eleonora"

11 Comments:

Keshi said...

nightmares r normal un my life. LOL!

Keshi.

Amey said...

@Keshi: So how's their production quality currently? ;)

Danika Dinsmore said...

Hi - thanks for stopping by my blog.

I also like writing from dreams (and nightmares). You may be interested in the annual 3:15 Experiment:

www.315experiment.com

Amey said...

@Danika: Thank you for commenting... I will definitely check out the experiment.

And given your background, any feedback on my stories and other writing would be muchly appreciated.

Princess Stefania said...

;)
Strange thing, the human mind. Nightmares and dreams. Hallucinations and Illusions. Phobias and Manias.
I think I'll take a break. All this psychology is getting to me.

Amey said...

@Princess: I am assuming you were not pointing to me when you talked about hallucinations and manias ;)

And why not write about "all this psychology"?

Skinsleuth said...

So what happens next? Or did u wake up just when the show started? :)

Amey said...

@Shraddha: Oh, the show goes on... New day, new nightmares...

Welcome to my blog btw. Do keep coming back, and do keep visiting.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, there's a thin line between reality and nightmare. And the best thing to do is write about it. =D

Princess Stefania said...

I did, once. It's here.

And I bored myself to bits, writing it.

That is what you mean, isn't it?

Amey said...

@Anna: I always like to walk on the edge ;) Though I must say, this is one fiction I would love to see in reality.

Welcome to my blog... do keep coming back and do keep commenting.

------------------------------------
@Princess: Oh well, I meant it in a more fictional way. I can't do anything so seriously.