I know how it looks that I am posting a list of Bollywood movie dialogs after posting a
huge list of TV shows I watch. Then again, I need to write something on this blog, if only to let people know that there is someone still at home. So, thanks Rayshma for pushing the lazy me to take up this tag. I needed something to kick-start the writing part of my brain after that wonderfully relaxing, 3 weeks long India trip (had to put that in somewhere to gloat).
- On your blog, provide a link to this page. (http://greatbong.net/book).
- Then write down your top 10 Hindi movie lines or top 10 English movie lines (You can do both if you want. Only one set is required for the contest). If you cannot think of top 10, make it top 5. Cannot think of even 5? Make it top 3. No problem. Only restriction: no two lines from same movie. This done to make it fair for other movies so that they dont get swamped by Gunda or Loha or Sholay.
- Tag five friends to do the same.
- Come over to the comment-space of this post and post your blog’s link so I can go and read it.
And here’s my list:
- Mere Karan-Arjun ayenge. – Karan Arjun (Probably the most parodied line in Bollywood history)
- Adami teen, aur goli chhe, bahut na insaafi hai. – Sholay (or maybe, it’s this one, not #2)
- Mere paas… maa hai. – Deewar (This line is also in the competition, folks)
- Rishte mein to hum tumhare baap lagte hain, naam hai Shehenshah. – Shehenshah(OK, the competition is getting tougher now).
- Pura naam, Vijay Dinanath Chauhan, baap ka naam, Dinanath Chauhan, Maa ka naam, Suhasini Chauhan, Gaon Mandwa. Umar Chatiis saal, .... – Agneepath (One more candidate? Count how many of these movies had Big B in it.)
OK, this is turning into a parody baits list. So here are 5 more, more plain lines:
- Shant gadadhari bheem, shant. – Jaane bhi do yaaro
- Ye jo chhe foot ka ek adami hain na, katkar teen-teen foot ke do bana doonga. – Munnabhai M.B.B.S.
- Tere kutte ke tukde-tukde karke teri poti ko khila denge. – Hera pheri
- Khandani chor hoon. Aya hoon, kuch to leke jaoonga – Andaz apna apna (Crime Master Gogo ke karname…)
- Are usne teri khuddari ko lalkara hai, yaar. Kya kar raha hai. Mard ban, be a man. – Dil chahta hai (Get ready to try this on your engaged/married friends this 14th Feb.)
Umm, anybody can pick it up, check out the link in rule #1 for the incentive.
- The Great Eagle Has Spoken