It frequently happens in TV serials that following a major crisis, one of the characters says something like, "We did it" or "I think we killed him/her", and is promptly (or not so promptly) proved wrong. Now that's an emotional roller-coaster not everybody is equipped to deal with [raise your hands if you get queasy on roller coasters (before you ask, my hand is firmly touching the ground)].
So, next time such things happen, before you feel relieved that it's finally over or despair that you may never see your favourite character again, here are
10 Signs that it's not over yet:
10. The serial name starts with a "K": nothing is permanent in those, except the characters.
9. We are talking about the ex- of a main character: Be sure they are coming back to
hauntbetray the main character, sooner or later.
8. We are talking about the relationship between the main characters: and the series finale is not yet in sight.
7. A main character is dying: and it is not yet time for mid-season break or season finale.
6. A Goa'uld System Lord is dying: Those guys just don't understand the meaning of "death".
4. The most obvious suspect is apprehended: Rule of thumb: if all evidence points to one person, he/she is innocent. (Called as such because when you point finger at somebody, your thumb may be pointing in a completely different direction.)
3. Somebody said, "I think we fixed it", "Thank God it's over" or some such thing: Did someone say "jinx"?
2. The Earth/human race is about to be destroyed: If earth is destroyed, where will we shoot the next episodes?
1. You are just reaching half hour mark in a one-hour episode.
- The Great Eagle Has Spoken