Friday, October 26, 2007

The Power of 5

a.k.a. 5 Things meme


Nikichan tagged me on Sunday, and I could not get around to finishing it because I was a bit busy this week. Now that the week is almost over, I though I should take up the meme before I forget this week (or at least, I try to).

So, here goes:

5 Things Found in My Room (let me talk about my current room, and not my room at home in Pune):

  1. My bag: containing all my clothes. At least all those which are not lying around on top of the bag.

  2. My Laptop: can I live without this? And more to the point, how do you think I am posting all this?

  3. A shelf with some great books: surprised? You must be new here.

  4. A pile of letters and papers: I need to sort them out. Hopefully sometime soon.

  5. A bed: Contrary to what you may believe, I do sleep at night. Sometimes in the afternoons too.


5 Things Found in My Bag (I don't carry a bag, being housebound. But when I carried a college bag):
  1. My laptop: It was needed in the college, if not always in the class.

  2. My laptop charger: How long do you thing the laptop battery last?

  3. My iPod: Though to be fair, it did spend time in my bag only when I was in class.

  4. A notebook or two: I am still a bit old-school. And it is often hard to write formulae on computer, not to mention drawing figures (technical ones).

  5. A abundance of pens: I like to experiment, and I like to try new pens. And the office had new type of pen every month or so, it seems.


5 Things Found in My Wallet (that reminds me, I need to get a new one):
  1. Cash: Well, wallets are for that purpose, right?

  2. Coins: particularly, pennies. No matter how hard I try, I am a coin magnet.

  3. Cards: Identity cards (note the plural), not credit cards or business cards. Though I have one or two of credit variety.

  4. A ticket stub: Of some movie I saw sometime in the past. Did I tell you I need to clean my wallet up?

  5. Come on, I am not so rich to carry 5 or more types of things in my wallet.


So, how many of these did you expect? And what else were you expecting? (Yes you, you dirty mind...)


Now it's time to pass on the meme (and hopefully, uncover some secrets like we did with Nikichan):
  1. Sid (You share a room, right? That should be interesting...)

  2. Silverine (The newly minted manager. Do you have a cabin now? But we are more interested in the "other" room.)

  3. Princess Stefania (you can choose the room, the bag and the wallet you most like from your palace and collection.)

  4. Madhavi (I guess it is time she got out of alphabets, and learnt some numbers right?)

  5. Once again, I find myself short-changed. Do you want to take this up? Then leave a comment so we can enjoy.




- The Great Eagle Has Spoken

P.S. Now you can get follow-up comments e-mailed to you. Just check the comments page in Blogger, and you can make sure you receive the replies to your comment, and come back and participate regularly in discussion.

Quote of The Day:

A mind troubled by doubt cannot focus on the course to victory.
- Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha

23 Comments:

Princess Stefania said...

Oh this seems fun. And easy. ;) And will ensure that Pixie Dust doesn't lie stagnant.

Anonymous said...

thanks sooo much for taking my tag!!
it was cool :D
u carry laptop charger and iPod too. woow
yea i had a dirty mind. thanking u and have a nice weekend!!

SiD said...

Now what made you think that it would be interesting for me..
bhai.. i am also a seedha saadha school going bacha like you...
will try to add something extra to the list though... :)

Amey said...

@Princess: My thoughts exactly :D

So, what were your expecting here?

-------------------------------
@Nikichan: So, did I fulfil your expectations? Did you expect anything more?

Well, laptop charger is needed because my laptop battery goes down in 2 hours. :(

Have a nice weekend.

--------------------------------
@Sid: Seedha-saadha bachcha? OK... Let's see the contents first ;)

Cuckoo said...

Oh I was expecting something more in your room. Are the walls empty? ;)
But my wallet is more poorer than yours. :-)

Let me see if I can pick up this tag. Loll. I should not say that.. already have 11 pending ones.

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: And you wonder why I didn't tag you?

I didn't want to include things like paint and wall clock, you know. Bed came up because I didn't use one most part of last 4 years or so.
Oh, and for you, wallet = purse, too.

Adorable Pancreas said...

Interesting... You could carry ome chewing gum in your wallet, to mke it up to 5. :)

Amey said...

@Adorable: Coming from a doctor, I should take that advice, right? I hope you meant that gum to be eaten...

Anyways, welcome to my blog... DO keep commenting.

Anonymous said...

yes u did! thank u choo very much :)
other bloggers listed playboy magazine and condom and rope. hehehe

Amey said...

@Nikichan: I can understand magazines... but ropes? Now that's "interesting". Who said that?

Cuckoo said...

One of your tags is done. Check my blog.

And this tag is coming my way.. I know that... thru SiD. :P
Kudos to you. You've learnt my trick.. to tag ppl indirectly. ;)

Note- Can see your name changed while replying to comments. Is that a mistake or...

@Nikichan:Lol... what all ppl have in their rooms. Me too interested in knowing who has rope. But I must appreciate his honesty. ;)

silverine said...

I need to clean my hand bag too, but that will take at least two hours, it is like moving house!!!
:(

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: Direct or indirect, you finishing a tag is a news... Got any ropes or ladders in your room we need to know about?

No mistakes, I am trying to see how many people notice, and when.

---------------------------------
@Silverine: Oh, you should finish the tag before moving the house. Might find something interesting there (like we did in Nikichan's handbag)

Keshi said...

when ur a laptop user, why d u need so many pens? LOL!

Keshi.

The 'Mad' Orchid said...

Oye I dunno see my name in the tagged list..???newyz if u say M tagged then wel okay wil soon do it :P n btw nice nice..5 thngs hmm ummm shud i say short sweet n surely candid enough ;) Interestng

Amey said...

@Keshi: School habits... As I said, you can't draw diagrams, and write formulae on laptop, right?

And I told you, I like to try different pens.

--------------------------------
@Madhavi: Sorry, wrong names corrected. That wasn't a Freudian slip. ;)

So start getting candid...

Anonymous said...

rope? i think mike-m, who tagged me said so.
forgot who it was :D

Amey said...

@Nikichan: I guess we would like to know what is the use of that rope, right? ;)

The 'Mad' Orchid said...

Accepted n forgiven as wel...now numbers hmmm...hey btw wanted to ask u wtz dis in Sanskrit cn u translate pls? n me shud strt gettng candid dunno u know enough abt me fleiger ;)

Jay said...

five things found in my room:

weird yellow stains
a strange smelling bag
a garbage can (never emptied!0
a shoe
something hanging from the ceiling

i like your room better!

Amey said...

@Madhavi: It translates loosely as "Go about your work, but do come back"

And candid is always good ;)

---------------------------------
@Jay cam: I have a feeling you live in a dorm. Am I correct?

Anyways, welcome to my blog. Check my other posts and keep commenting...

The 'Mad' Orchid said...

Oh wow thtz relly a nice pick up :) n now now v get the name..so Amey can u pls cll me Mads kyunki i guess abtk mere saath aapka acha rapport hogya hai na :0 n i lke or shud i feel more relaxed whn a frnd clls me Mads n nt d formal Madhavi...n i stil dunno c name on d blogroll list :( yes being Candid is gud bt nt alwyz u know :P n btw i updated my blog...n ur tag is the next post i intend to do pretty soon promise nt gonna mke u wait re :)

Amey said...

@Mads: Pick-up line? Moi? Never... It's you who wants to get all informal ;)

Well ok, candid is often good, if not always.

And well, blogroll revamp is really taking some time. I need to make some real estate changes before that :(