The Year That Was:
Personally, after last 2 years, 2008 was not a bad year for me. But then, I can imagine why some people felt like doing this:
On the positive side (just as a sample), India had the biggest medal haul in Olympics in its history of participation, (which included a gold medal after 28 years, and first personal gold). Viswanathan Anand successfully defended his World Chess title, and continues his third year at the top of ratings. And there is a piece of Indian technology in the form of Chandrayaan I, which is orbiting around the moon right now, and will continue for next 2 years.
On the negative side were (at the very least) last 40 days of the year, when India faced a horrific terrorist attack, and
Pakistan government continues to change its stance with about the same frequency as the dress changes of actors in a typical Bollywood masala movie song, most of the times coming out as equally ridiculous (sorry, this is not a political blog). And then again, there is the looming (or rather, continuing) shadow of economic disaster (to say the least).
And then there was this:
The Year That Will Be:
So, here’s hoping all of you Have a Very Happy New Year!
- feel safe in their homes and outside it
- prosper, keep your jobs and find new ones you like
- (and last but not the least) get what you wish for this year. And that means keeping your resolutions too.
- in short, be happy.
As for me, I think I will follow Chintoo’s aai’s advice and will “take the year as it comes”.
- The Great Eagle Has Spoken
* Translation for Chintoo comic:
1. Chintoo: In this year I will…
Mother: Don’t decide anything.
2. Mother: You don’t follow your resolutions.
Chintoo: All right.
3. Chintoo: I had decided to eat all vegetables in this coming year. :(