Friday, September 28, 2007

Life and Art

You do know what they say about one imitating the other, don't you?

Imagine you are watching one of the episodes of "Eureka" (more about it later) on your laptop. The story goes: People are vanishing from Eureka, and after each disappearance, only Sheriff Carter knows that there is something/someone missing.

Now, after I have watched five out of six chapters (parts), I click on the link for the sixth one. What I get is something I didn't expect, and is definitely not the video I want.

Assuming something clicked wrong, I click on the back button. Nothing... Back again and the PC flashes "Empty Folder" at me. It's like only I remember that there were 6 full videos of almost 10 minutes each in there just now.

Now tell me, how much freaking out is in order here?


- The Great Eagle Has Spoken

P.S. The last two weeks have seen some major changes in the blog template, and content. Feedback welcome...

P.P.S. Stay tuned for a major announcement sometime this week. Details are being finalized as I type.

Quote of The Day:

Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious.
- Brendan Gill

13 Comments:

silverine said...

Loved the quote! Regarding the announcement..does it mean that the great eagle will no longer be flying alone? :)

Amey said...

@Silverine: Thank you... It helps when somebody appreciates the efforts I put in to select the quote every time.

So tell me, have you had any shocking/humorous/surprising experience like me?

As for your question, wait for the announcement please ;)

Keshi said...

Like the changes here...


**Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious.


Great one!

Keshi.

Princess Stefania said...

Oh it's good to be back. I see I have a few posts to catch up with.

I shouldn't have classified that experience under shocking/humorous/surprising.
Spooky is more like it.
;)

Amey said...

@Keshi: Thank you for the feedback...

And I know your ghost-spotting history, but same question for you: have you had any shocking/humorous/surprising experience like me?


-----------------------------------
@Princess: Welcome back, you have been MFA for a long time. All your comments are awaited...

The experience has permanently been filed under spooky. But others might have experiences which are not so spooky, I hope :D

Princess Stefania said...

I'm not going to be all that regular, I'm afraid. Not for some time. I've just had some nasty surgery, and it'll take two weeks for me to recuperate in full.

Amey said...

@Princess: Surgery? What happened? Well... get well soon.

Princess Stefania said...

;) Thank you. I'm doing my best. Though I'm supposed to stay away from computer screens. But gtalk and blogger are addictive. I'm too far gone.
Especially Adlergedanke. ;)

Amey said...

@Princess: Yes, I know what you mean by addiction. But I haven't seen you on GTalk for ages.

And you are praising me... So may I ask, to what end? ;)

Princess Stefania said...

ahem
Why fleiger, whatever do you mean?
;)
(Now take down the duplicate comment. The first one, of course).
Well, I was hiding from the world. But now I'm back. Hope to catch you there soon.

Amey said...

@Princess: Oh well, a surgery is nothing to hide from the world. How are you now?

And I am assuming that is just the start, right?

silverine said...

Stay tuned for a major announcement sometime this week. Details are being finalized as I type

err...????

Amey said...

@Silverine: P.P.S. The demands of real world this week meant that I cannot give full justice to the announcement I promised. Sorry...

"No fanfare, no announcement" was the verdict. So it is delayed.