Sunday, July 26, 2009

Those Frakking Toasters messed with my mind




…and now, the Battlestar Galactica intro plays thus in my mind:

Sorry for that. As you may have guessed, I have been watching some BSG lately. And one question I have everytime I watch that intro is, why “toasters”? Why not something else, say… microwaves? Or lawn-mowers? Vacuum cleaners? What dastardly rebellion can a toaster plot against humanity?

No, I am not obsessing over it. Whatever made you think that?

I was planning to continue “Detectives” series, but random timepass and bad jokes triumph over well researched posts any day on this site. So Special Agent Aloysius Pendergast will have to wait for another day to make an appearance here.

Till then,

- The Great Eagle Has Spoken

P.S. Want to fill in the blanks and make that into a video? Drop me a line.

11 Comments:

rayshma said...

arre toaster ARE evil. totally.
they burn ur toast JUST the very day you aren't in the mood for eating burnt toast! or when u have guests :(

Amey said...

@Rayshma: Plus they make also great places of refuge for cockroaches, right? ;)

Maybe I should rethink my plans to get a toaster.

Are you a BSG viewer btw?

DewdropDream said...

Yeh toaster toaster kya hai, yeh toaster toaster

jab rasoi ghar mein se aane lage jale bread ki badbooooo

...

Amey said...

@DDD: Yeh toaster toaster kya hai, yeh toaster toaster

Aaya hoon, kuch to jalake jaoonga ;)

On a serious note, it was a PJ really limited to those who watch Battlestar Galactice, I guess :(

DewdropDream said...

:( I did not get it, I don't watch Battlestar Galactica unfortunately

Amey said...

@DDD: I thought not many would get it when I posted that. But then, we can all agree toasters are truly Evil, right? ;)

DewdropDream said...

oh haan, totally. Jalaoing bread and all. Hmpfh!

Speaking of jalaoing, we apparently had a rather bright intern who tried to dry a tea towel using a toaster... not surprisingly, the building had to be evacuated :P

Amey said...

@DDD: Drying a tea towel in toaster? That's brilliant. Remember that time Ryan Howard the Fire Guy tried to heat a cheese pita in the toaster's big brother, the toaster oven?

rayshma said...

i'm not a BSG watcher.. but i got the joke.

arre roaches kaise rahenge toaster mein??? they'll turn toast when u switch it on no?!

Amey said...

@Rayshma: Toasted roaches. Now that sounds like a delicacy. Think toasters come with some bonuses after all ;)

DewdropDream said...

This is one time when I am EXTREMELY glad I have no toaster at my place!