Monday, August 06, 2007

This is it...

It has been less than a week since I conveyed my unhappiness about the current state of affairs with you. And while I am not so much happy about the response to it either, I want to tell you the result of my thinking.

So, after much ado and without further, let me present to you my new blog:

Lazy Habits of Thinking



While this blog will continue to have other random posts, along with my "Detectives" series, "Lazy Habits" will be exclusively literature-related blog. Thus, the blog has way better and easier to follow tag structure and indexing. It also allows me to have a nice F.A.Q. as an "About" page. In short, I am planning to make that blog my "flagship" from now on.

I will be updating the links on all the blogs to which I contribute. So, please head over and don't forget to update your bookmarks. And while you are reading and commenting on that blog, there are some more things which you can do.

  1. I am going to delete the posts from this blog to avoid duplicates, and also will be removing the "My Book Reviews" and similar links from sidebar. Please tell me if I should keep the posts on this blog too.

  2. This is for all the artists in you: As much as I like the layout, I am not so sure about the header image. I would like it to be something related to books, and my profile. And although I am a very good reader, I am slightly less than an average artist. So please send me your suggestions/images. The winner of course gets due credit on the blog.


So, see you there...


- The Great Eagle Has Spoken...

11 Comments:

Cuckoo said...

Hearty Congrats !!
Went there and commented as well but I think it went to your mail-id. :|

Anyway, it is excellent work and very well organized, the way I would have kept it. :) It shows how much hard work you have put in.

To one of your query - No, don't keep the posts on books here. It'll create unnecessary confusion. And in any case the book lovers will bookmark that blog as I have done already. :)

Keep up the good work. Much appreciated. :)

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: Don't worry... The "Contact Me" page is for sending me mails directly.

Replied to your mail, so I guess your questions are answered. :D

SiD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SiD said...

wow!!
sahi hai fleiger bhai..
before clicking on to the link, i thought about the question about what shud be the header foto..
the first thing that came to my mind from the blog name - Lazy habits.. was that either:
1. there wud/shud be a foto of a crampled bed with lots of pillows, a bowl full of kurkure and coke on the side table..and ofcourse a harry potter book
2. an easy chair (similar to what they have in Friends) with kurkure, coke and HP the same..

those were the suggestions before seeing ur blog... the foto presently there is awesome.. but I feel it symbolizes more freshness than laziness!!

Amey said...

@Sid: Great ideas... The lazyboy option (#2) is worth exploring. Care to draw it?

Keshi said...

well Im happy abt this one Fleiger :)

tnxx!
Keshi.

Amey said...

@Keshi: Good one... Have you been to that blog?

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

u know what ... i think u should remove some of the extra features from the blog .. not coz of appearance concerns , but only coz the blog takes a long time to load due to the dependencies ...

and u could always have a diff blog header pic .. what say ?

Amey said...

@Deepa: Are you talking about this blog or "Lazy Habits"?
If this blog, the cleanup is in order, but I am a bit busy making Lazy Habits as good as possible...
Any ideas for a new header?

Anonymous said...

new header?
cartoon will be nice :P

Amey said...

@Nikichan: Any suggestions on the cartoon?