Sunday, April 01, 2007

The Day Is Here

Know what day it is? Of course, there is a high chance if you have put one foot out of your house or have any contact with outside world today, you already do. It is the day most of us look forward to more than any other day of the year like 1st January, 15th August etc. It is the apt birthday of the Troublemakers-in-Chief, (perhaps) the best practical jokers Hogwarts has ever seen, the proprietors of “Weasley's Wizard Wheezes" Gred and Forge Weasley. I can go on, but I guess you got the point.

Now, before all of you in India say anything, remember that I am almost 9.30 hours behind you, and look at the date of the post...

On a separate note, can anybody answer the puzzle, “What does one and one equal?” (Answer somewhere in the post)Question


Now, you must have guessed by now that this is the second anniversary of the day when I wrote my “Hello World” post on this, my “Hello World” blog (anybody who has learned any computer language ever will know what that means).

Two years have gone by since that day, when I converted from a reader and a wannabe writer to a blogger and (later) reviewer. I started three more blogs, one of which is dormant (feared dead), one has surpassed this in number of posts, and I have the highest hopes for the latest one.

I don't know if I have grown better with the years (well, I have grown, you know), that is for you to decide (Check out the “This Week in History” section). I would really like comments on this...

Of course, two years means that I am a serious blogger now, and I am (hopefully) here to stay. That is to say, despite what you say, I am not going to give up writing.Winking 3

And for all those wondering why I am sounding so “prosaic” and there are no songs in this party... as I said, I have grown up. And as you grow up, you get dignified and serious. So, even though my blog will continue to live up to its birthday, this is the time for introspection and thought.

Also, I just remembered (thanks to Dan Rydell) that the most popular song for this occasion is copyrighted, and I am in no mood to sing “Hum Bhi Agar Bachche hote”.

Which reminds me, you can expect my best and heartiest wishes on your and your blogs' b'days, but don't expect me to sing...

OK, now let's see what gifts you got for me...Birthday Cake Candles



P.S. Are you still looking for the answer to the puzzle? Really? First grade maths? OK, then here's one more puzzle for you, “How can you keep a fool wondering for 5 minutes?”

P.P.S. Had to mention the word “fool” in the spirit of The Day...


Quote of The Day:

To me, old age is always 15 years older than I am.
- Bernard M. Baruch (1870 - 1965), 1940

6 Comments:

tulipspeaks said...

hey.. happy birthday to your bloggie!!! glad to know that u r not planning to gv up. :) c ya around buddy!


ammu.

SiD said...

bahut bahut mubaarkien hon aapko is shubh din ki!!
Any particular reason to start the blog on this particular day.. ??
I was in Mumbai on 1st and 'suffered' at the hands of mumbai autowallahs..but guess they don't wait for April 1 to make fool out of people!!!

And who made that first prog which prints Hello world. he shud have it patented!! :)

SiD said...

OK I forgot 2 things in the previous comment..
Firstly 'This week in History' is a greaat idea!!

And as regards to the gift.. if the blog already has Miss P.A's poster hidden somewhere .. he can chose some other from the collection at www.santabanta.com :)

Amey said...

@Tulip: Thanku, thanku... Welcome to the party.
I don't like to give up easily ;)

@Sid: Dhanyawad sirji...
I remember thinking that this would a particularly apt day, given the associations (of the day and mine to the Knights, both). Though the day being a friday helped, too.

guess they don't wait for April 1 to make fool out of people!!!
April 1 is just one of the regualr days to them, got it? ;)

Hmm, I guess he will head over there now and get his heart's fill ;)

Cuckoo said...

Wadhdiwasachya Shubhechha !!

Many Happy Returns of the day !!
And what a day you chose to deliver your baby. ;)

Tum jiyo hazaaron saal , saal ke din ho pachaas hazaar.

Amey said...

@Cuckoo:
Dhanyawad... and thanku :D

And now that we have stretched the "blog-baby" metaphor to its limits (and some miles beyond), "kab" aur "kahan" to bhagawan ke haath mein hota hai na... ;)