Sunday, August 20, 2006

iPod-chet

O mighty iPod, blessed be thee! Guide us with thy mighty knowledge, o descendant of Oracles (after their Annual Oracle Binge)! O son of Apollo (conceived after he came from a party at Dionysus's/Bacchus') , give our feet the direction to tread the paths of future! O disciple of Narada, help us understand the past, present and future! We entrust our life in thy hands...


This is the tag I picked up from Arti, which actually calls for “you [to] play your whole music collection with shuffle on, ask the question, leave a comment and go to next song.

I deemed my iPod better for this task. It sounded so much like a plankchet or Magic-8 ball that I could not avoid the first para. The references to Bacchus, Binge etc. are due to the fact that currently my music list contains some 1100 odd hindi songs, many of which I haven't heard of (evidence: here) or heard before. So, it all will be a musical trip of discovery for me. So after placing an offering in front of mighty iPod (i.e. After charging it), here goes the tag:

1.How does the world see you?
Main Aisa Kyoon Hoon - Lakshya

Correct, 100/100 to the world.

2.Will I have a happy life?
Such Keh Raha Hai – Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein

Hmm... no more love for me, or am I eternally doomed to be a love-wreck? A pointer please, my dear iPod...

3.What do my friends think of me as?
Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna – Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna

Eternal friend and all that stuff, huh? Sure...

4.Do people secretly lust after me?
Right here Right now – Bluffmaster

Saucy... (said in my best “The Mask” voice)

5.How can I make myself happy?
Dilbara – Dhoom

A bit of cross-connection here with question 2, don't you think? Still, tujhse dil lagaoon, mein bhi family banaoon...

6.What should I do with my life?
Aazmale Aazmale – Taxi No. 9211

Ok, I am going to be a love-struck (see 5), broken-hearted (see 2) philosopher (the worst kind). So first chance you see, alert me and run away till I give all clear.
On second thoughts, “Sochta tu aur kuch hai, bolta tu aur kuch hai” - Politician or a successful manager. First sign of anything positive happening in my life.

7.Will I ever have children?
What's going on – Salaam Namaste

Given the context of the song, prospects are good... and bad, I must say. What's going on??? Matches with 5 though.


8.What is some good advise for me?
Paathshala – Rang De Basanti

Lose control? Check... I am a rebel? Check... What's next? Oh yes, chehre ki kitabein and ishq ka practical.

9.How will I be remembered?
Dheere Dheere – Kalyug

So, I will be remembered as a tanha sa chaand, who roshan's sab (lights everything)? Wow...

10.What's my signature dancing song?
Golmaal – Golmaal (new)

Golmaal Golmaal, everything's gonna be golmaal...

11.What's my current theme song?
Omkara – Omkara

Sabse bade ladaiyya re... yup, that's me

12.What do others think is my current theme song?
Aane Char Aane – Lage Raho Munnabhai

Kitne sapne the jo dil mein hi mar gayein
chadhane ke pahile hi parbat se dar gayein
Ab to chandhenge, girenge dekhenge,
Kya hai parbaton ke paar...


13.What shall they play at my funeral?
Tanha Dil – Tanha Dil (Shaan)

Spooky... and philosophical.

14.What type of men/women do I like?
Kajra Re – Bunty aur Bubli

The ones with kale kale nayana? Nope, that referes to Aishwarya Rai.

15.How's my love life?
Shikdum – Dhoom
Do I even need to comment on this?


I tag: Everybody who reads this (I didn't say anybody, so you don't have a choice). Pick this tag up.


P.S. My "new" other blog is now updated: Please check Talons on Board

The Great Eagle has spoken...

Quote of The Day:

Ah, music. A magic beyond all we do here!
- Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore (1840-1997)

23 Comments:

Arti Honrao said...

"4.Do people secretly lust after me?
Right here Right now – Bluffmaster"

reminds me of qt 7 of my tag :)

"7.Will I ever have children?
What's going on – Salaam Namaste"
Am wondering ... do I leave an evil laugh?? :-? or ask ...
What's going on?
Now the qt is ... "when" do I ask this?? :p



Good one
GBU
Arti

Amey said...

@Arti: I just ran a mental check, and you can keep that question for later. Just to make sure, I am not going to Down Under, I am not going to be a cook, so I have 66% less chance of getting in the situation (can't say anything about hot medical student temp'ing as DJ)
So, when? When I start writing about medicos, a lot...

@Niki: "Bunty aur Bubli" is an hindi movie, starring Abhishek Bachchan and Rani Mukherjee. Ex-Miss World Aishwarya Rai appears in the movie for the song mentioned.

silverine said...

Wow, you are a popular guy judging by the songs :))

tulipspeaks said...

honey.. i could barely understood this post..

hmm.. will skip on this one.

=ammu=

Fleiger said...

@Silverine: Judging by songs, yes... But then, centaurs have known to have read the heavens wrong before. (Which may or may not mean that songs are correct, but it is a cool sentence). Oh and btw, you are tagged.

@amutha: Simple... Just forget all non-bold stuff and you have the tag.
Put your entire music collection (remember, more the merrier) on shuffle.
Ask the question, write the song,
leave a comment and then go on...
(That actaully rhymed?)

SiD said...

this is Fun...
I also got 'tagged' :)

as i get it... whcihever song comes in the playlist has to be the answer of successive ques... right???

SeePearrl said...

nrnice blog!

Amey said...

@Sid: you got it...

@White forest: Nice name... and thanks for the comment. May you come here again, and be happy :)

SiD said...

everyone was amused by this...

even non bloggers were seen seen shuffling through their playlists in office today :)

keep them coming!!!

Amey said...

@Nikichan: Oh yes, she is...

@Sid: Any interesting results? Tell people to start blogging then... More tags, coming up soon.

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

good one ! :P

Amey said...

@Deepa: Thanks, and by virtue of this comment, you are tagged... Anyways, your new post is overdue.

SiD said...

ya.. 1 of my friends mailed it back.. i also asked him the same thing - to start blogging and let this be ur 1st post.. lets see...

Amey said...

@SiD: Good... send me the link when you get it. Reading this will be fun...

Cuckoo said...

Hi,
I am a new blogger and this is my first visit to your blog & all I can say is, I assure you of my regular visits from now on. Liked your last post. It's fun, I keep that doing as well. :)

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: Welcome to the blog. Your comments on both my blogs are welcome... Keep coming back.
And, btw, you are tagged... :)

Keshi said...

*Hmm... no more love for me, or am I eternally doomed to be a love-wreck?

lol I know the feeling.


Keshi.

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

arrey , i just wrote a new post !!!

Amey said...

@Keshi: That actually came at a pretty bad time... At least I didn't get "Na koi umang hai, blah blah blah, meri jindagi hai kya, ek kati patang hai..." Thank god.

@Deepa: No probs, take the tag as next post. And welcome back. I must say, long time...

Cuckoo said...

You tagged me???
Ever heard of Eagle tagging a Cuckoo?? Ha Ha.. ;)

Cuckoo said...

LOL ...Are you out of your mind ??

Know what? Going through all your posts and actually ROTFLinggg...
Can’t give comments on all the posts...so treat this one as a wholesome ;)

Nice template you are using.

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: Hmm... now come to think of it, I just upended the food pyramid ;) But yes, you are tagged.

And finally, somebody asked The Question... the proper answer to this would take a long post, but I guess you got the gist of it.

But believe me, there is a method in... So thanks for the comments, keep them coming...

Amey said...

@Hamm man: Go ahead, post it... Let the people see what your fortune portends for you ;)