Thursday, March 09, 2006

Setting The record straight

Hi guys, how are you? Ladies, your servant...

Ooh, blank stares? Who's this guy, they say, to start talking so familiarly with us? I understand, it is not your fault. It is not my fault too, you know. I mean, a character steps out of the play you all have read, seen, cherished and dreamed of for last, 300 is it, years, and you give him blank looks of non-recognition? Where is your hospitality?

Anyways, where was I? Oh yes, the fault! So, the fault lies with the so-called Bard (with a capital B), you know who I mean. Don't make me take his name. Or make me, that will show the overblown person staring over my shoulder that he is not as famous as he makes out.

I mean, you tell the man my character is important, and he goes on and cuts you out of the play. And he gives my best lines and manners to somebody else? Crazy authors. How dare he? Why he did this? Ask him... no wait, don't bother. I know the answer. “Artistic liberty”, my foot.

So, my introduction. I am the reason you lovebirds have your idols, I am The Matchmaker (remember the capitalization), I am the person who made The Love Story (I think there is a movie by this name, but I am not talking about it) possible. My name is... what's in a name, bardie? Anyways, I am Romie's brother, sorry, you know him as Romeo, right? And I am here to state the record straight.

Did Romeo sent you, you ask? Go to hell, bardie (can't kill a dead person), this is all your doing. No people, this is the lieyou have been reading. My role in the story is much important than just hero's sidekick. How I know all this terms? Well, I also watch movies you know.

So, let me tell you the story as it happened, and let bardie burn in hell. (He's still staring over my shoulder)




This is a new project I have started. Read the entire story here.

All brickbats welcome. (Can't expect any bouquets right?)

Oh, and by the way, I just got myself a new mouse. Now call me geek, call me materialist, but this baby is sexy.



Quote of the Day:

After being Turned Down by numerous Publishers, he had decided to write for Posterity.
-George Ade (1866 - 1944)

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Read the story ... i like the reference to THE BARD after every other line ....

Romie and Julie ... sounds like a couple of dogs .... no offence meant !

but yes , u have a nice easy style of writing !

Anonymous said...

ok.. now that you have got my attention, where's the rest of the dirt maan??

Amey said...

@Deepa: Thanks for the positive comments. Well, the names had to be shortened, 3 syllables is a bit mouthfull. Any suggestions about names welcome.

@Figo: Rest assured, I am planning to complete the rest one chapter per week.

Anonymous said...

Tammana would do ? u could make it Tammy if u want to shorten it

^~^

Anonymous said...

just saw ur comment on Silverine's blog ....

Did the replying bit too

TC

Anonymous said...

:)

Anonymous said...

UP~~DATE

Anonymous said...

Interesting starting ...

lookin fwd for the rest of the story..