Saturday, July 16, 2005

The Separation

We celebrated our second anniversary this week. But now, its time for us to move on, and we will be separating next week. After all, we can’t carry on with the relationship when I am no longer here with her, right?

Two years of a great relationship! What memories I will carry with me! To say it was love at first site will be an understatement! I was in love with her even before we actually met. And the first meeting proved me right. We were made for each other. I was getting over my first crush.

But that didn’t mean the relationship was all a ride in the park. We had our ups and downs. There were days when neither of us could do anything wrong, and then there were days when even one word started a fight. But still, we carried on regardless. We knew neither of us was perfect, but we tried!

Two years have passed now. Almost three, if I start from the day we first met. Every day was a new experience. Every day taught me something new. Every day brought me new experiences. (We even have a foreign location song in this film.)

But somewhere, something was missing. My heart was now crying out for something different. My first crush was beckoning me. It was time to follow my heart. And so, we decided to separate.

So, finally I have resigned from my company, and going back to continue my studies in my favorite subject. Only one week to go, and it will not be “My Company” anymore, it will be referred as “My ex-“.

What I will miss in the company?

- The 4 months training with a great batch and even greater batch mates (hey, I miss it even now)



- My project and the night-outs (ok, I never stayed beyond 11.30, but still...)

- The project parties @ Planet X and the dinner after that in “Olive Gardens”

- My place, my computer and the “Pillar of PLM” in front of me (on my right hand side in photo ;))



- And last but not the least, my colleagues, who regularly come up with statements like this, and provided the targets for my “Puneri” sarcasm.

So with a sad heart, I am presenting the third (and last) edition of Tongue of Slips:

• "We will watch ‘Star of Wars’!!"
(In the climax of this film, Tom Cruise fights with Darth Vedar. May ‘The (F-)Fourteen’ be with you!)

• "We will start going home on Java!"
(Ok, I will start writing the code. Please fill in the blanks according to personal choice.
public class MotorCycle{…}
)

• "Panther को हिंदी में बघीरा कहेते हैं!" (Panther is called Bagheera in Hindi)
(Hindi Maha Pandit... Used Jungle Book as textbook)

• "We ordinary people have different nameplate template than PM (Project Managers)"
(public class The_Ordinary_Man extends The_Common_Man implements The_Software_Engineer)


Guys, keep up the good work, and Best Luck!!!

11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey i thought it was "All of us dont have homes" or something like that

Amey said...

I think it was regarding the "Food From Home" drive... thats the best I can remember ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah thts rite .. we were discussing about the "Ghar ka khana" .. and our friend said "All of us dont have homes" .. so guys are we all in platforms ?? (well what he meant was many dont have their families in mys and so cant get home food for "Ghar ka khana") :)

Anonymous said...

The initial training period was one of the best days of my life (could use some better phrase as i'm out words here)..
had my first taste of corporate life ( which tasted mostly like college itself ;-)) and made sone AWESOME friends..

Anonymous said...

Hey u shud also add whatever u will like to miss after leaving infy ;) ... like u will b spared from my bugging u abt bugzilla bugs :) hehehehe

Anonymous said...

may i have the privilege of knowing who is the Hindi Maha Pandit ?

Anonymous said...

So you are finally leaving us!!
No matter wherever you go, I wish you all the best in your future endeavors. I guess the world is small enough to bring us together again, may be here or somewhere else :-)

Anonymous said...

Found your blog from Kani's page. All the best to you! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey something has gone wrong with my blog template.. suddenly its showing all the friends twice :) :)

Anonymous said...

kasa kai bara ahe ki nahi... yeh dosti tutaich nahiiiiii... learnt from 'dhadakebaaj'.
my friend have success and prosperity in life.

Anonymous said...

Bharath , plz translate for marati illiterate ppl like me :)