Friday, October 20, 2006

Back With A Bang... Sorry, Tag...

If there wasn't another post for last few days, it was because I was reluctant to push the last post down on my page (and that doesn't mean I was lazy as some might think). But, on fear of being frozen, I am back with a tag. And this time I am going to lay my soul bare for the world to gaze at and marvel what a great person I am...

Rules of this tag:

1. Name the person who tagged you.
2. 8 things about you.
3. Tag 6 people.

Question 1: (Sounds like I am writing an exam, right?)
This time, it is the charming etc. etc. (for complete list, contact her) ex-doofus and my partner in crime... sorry, my fellow-philo Kusum who tagged me. And while we are at it, if any of my lines seem a bit out there, remember that we are philosophers and there is some residual effect (*ouch*) of a well-aimed flowerpot...

Question 2:
Apparently, this can be anything as long as it is about me... now that's interesting... so many possibilities, so many things to tell... and nobody to confirm or deny anything I put here. *evil laugh* Now that's my favorite type of post. So, where should I start?


  • I am an aspiring writer. I have written some stories till now, and have played some part in the magazine we used to publish in our department in my engineering college.
    OK, so you know this already, but how many people know that my first piece of writing (and prize-winning, published piece at that) was a poem I wrote when I was in 4th standard? It was about summer holidays if I my memory serves me right...

  • I have a large circle of acquints, but it takes some time for me to become a friend. So, I have very few, but extremely close friends, and we are (mostly) together from our 3rd-4th standard. Yes, you guessed it, we form The Knights of The Round Table. (That post just keeps getting postponed).

  • I find it very very hard to be serious, and I can make fun of almost any situation. I have found it helps keep me the sane, well balanced person I am (no snickering at the back there, I can hear you)

  • I am normally found pulling somebody's leg. The victim can be anybody, and even though teaser can be teasee anytime on The Round Table, I am the person who is the teased least, or hit least (Offense is the best defense, you know)

  • I am a movie buff, and though the number is reduced in last year, I used to watch at least 2 movies every weekend when I was working. I guess I haven't missed any single good (and sometimes bad) movie when we were in college either. I can foretell what is going to happen in almost any movie (which is not saying much, I know) Yes, I have watched movies like Jis Desh mein Ganga Rehta Hai, Yaadein, and recently Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna. Which just shows, I have a lot of patience...

  • I am an confirmed fan of Sherlock Holmes. I have read and re-read the books at least 100 times (in fact, if my memory serves me, this was the first English books set I bought, ever). Given my slightly bad memory for names, I can recite the whole plots of every single Sherlock story written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, ever, along with its salient points, and recite the name of the book Altamont slipped the von Bork, instead of naval signals, from memory...

  • OK, let's get some things over with. I still read comics like Tintin, Asterix (though I don't like Chacha Choudhary and public that much), Enid Blyton's books and many children's books. I can watch (good) cartoons for hours, and I am a great fan of “Laurel and Hardy” (while we are at it, why couldn't anybody get the references at the end of this post? What are they showing the children now-a-days?). And, I love chocolate in any form.
    In fact, now you mention it, I must agree, I am a child at heart. (Send all your chocolates to my address, none will be wasted)

  • Last but not the least, I can read almost anywhere. I read while I am walking to college, I can read while brushing my teeth, tying my shoes, getting dressed. That, combined with my excellent reading speed, gives me an edge over normal readers, so that I can bombard people with my book reviews. I have finished an entire Champak (when I was in 6th I guess) riding pillion on a scooter in 20 minutes. I have finished the 5th book in Harry Potter series (an 870 page volume) in less than 13-14 hours, in almost one sitting (the day before my project orals in my last year engineering, which is no less an achievement).



Question 3:
And this is where I get to choose my victims... *evil laugh*. You know who I mean...
So, after thinking for a long time (about 2 seconds) about who should the persons I would like to perform open-soul surgery on, I have come up with:
1.Sid (he is always ready to take up tags like the good fellow he is)
2.Silverine (though I think we will get more material out of her brother M)
3.Deepa (she seems to have taken a sabbatical from blogging, which has extended way beyond my patience)
4.Nikichan (of course, the owner of cute mee-chan must be here, right?)
5.Keshi (of course, I would like to know more about the hot ghostess apart from coffee and blueberry muffins)
6.Cuckoo (did you seriously think you wouldn't be in the list? No chance of “later” here)

And, of course anybody who wants to take up the tag, please do so... and please leave a comment here so that I can visit you in the hospital with the Get Well card after your open-soul...

The Great Eagle has spoken...

Quote of The Day:
Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious.
- Peter Ustinov (1921 - 2004)

33 Comments:

silverine said...

lol loved your answers to Q3 sort of reaffirms that you are not a serious guy :)) Wokay tag will be done in a couple of hours Sir!!!

silverine said...

The deed is done!

SiD said...

thanks for the TAg fledge..(fleg or fledge - u choos the spelling ;)

and u know what - u have made the task much much simpler for me...
i need to write only 4 points now... Points 1,2, 3, 5 are your copy paste..(though i havent earned any prizes for my writing and neither had I recognized that I could write during college)

And you have to give me 2 things:
1. Tips for how to read FASSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTT... ;)

2. Some time to do this tag.. as some thinking needs to be done even for the 4 points ;)

Amey said...

@Silverine: Now that's what I call quick response... Let me check that now.
And did you mean the comment about M? I have found that siblings and close friends provide best "material" about anybody ;)

@Sid: Sure, take all the time you want, I know you will finish the tag.
I won a prize for a poem I wrote for a children's magazine, and decided to quit while I was ahead of the race ;)
Tips for fast reading? That's hard. All I say is don't worry about getting the meaning of individual words, and never read with a dictionary as I have seen some people do.

Cuckoo said...

Hmmm
Good to know a little more about you though most of the pts I knew already :)

Good to know that you won a prize for poem..especially looking at your interest in poems now :)

Bad to know that you have tagged me again :P especially when I already have a tag pending against me. Yes, I didn't have a faintest idea of getting tagged again that too by you !!! :D

Will take some time as I have just entered home after 3 full days break & going again tommorow. But will definitely do it & let you know. :))

Amey said...

@Nikichan: Tintin is Great... I have all the videos too :)

@Cuckoo: You knew most of these :o Hmm...
Take your time. This tag is about "you", and you have had a lot of time thinking about yourself. So don't give me the excuse you gave last time. ;)

Keshi said...

lol u can never be serious? o cmon!

btw I used to read Tintin...loved it! So wuts the last movie u saw?


ur a movie buff? I didnt know that abt u b4.

This ghostess will take up the tag when she has time ok?? yeah this is an arrogant ghostess too ;-)


Keshi.

tulipspeaks said...

man.. i salute ur reading speed!

learnt new 8 things abt u. cool tag.

=ammu=

Amey said...

@Keshi the ghostess: I know that about you ;)
Well, even when I am serious, people do not know I am serious, if you know what I mean...
And the last movie I saw would be "Andaz Apna Apna", or "Lady in the Water" if you want the latest. Told you, currently I am far behind :(
Take your time for the tag, and enjoy the wedding...

@Nikichan: Keshichan did our tag, finally :D

@Tulip: I am not that great in reading speed, I know better people. But yes, I am better than average ;)

Sreejith Panickar said...

More LOL than serious! ;-)

Cuckoo said...

Done!!

Check my blog.

Kusum Rohra said...

first dankoo for doing this :D not all people react to torture so well, maybe being a philo, and the flower pot( *sheepish grin*) is helping you after all.

LOL! Me looooves asterix, am a movie buff myself thankfully my movie watching is only increasing with time.I don't like chocolates so have sent you all of them :D

*philo sort of look* All the best with the writing mate.

Amey said...

@Sreejith: There you have me. As I said, humour keeps me sane, or rather, keeps people more insane than me ;)

@Cuckoo: Wow, I didn't expect that, really...

@Kusum: Well, of course, us philos have to stick together (and the flowerpot did tip the scale a bit, not to mention the fact I can't stand being frozen)
Lucky you... I am missing my ex-roomie's car.
And thanks for chocolate. Believe me, they won't be wasted, not a single bit.
Keep them (the tags, not the other stuff) coming ma'm, it will take more than a tag to take me down.

Cuckoo said...

Why? Why didn't you expect that?
Hmmm looks like you don't know me yet. :)

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: You are again guilty of putting a song in my head, this time it is "Tuze muze pehchana nahi" by Shaan...
Anyways, I did not expect such a quick post after what you did last time I tagged you.

Cuckoo said...

Heyy, now don't accuse me for everything !!!

First for putting songs in your head & now for taking time for that tag !!
Or..errr. ye kisi ke dimaag ka chemical locha to nahi?

I don't think I took more than a week's time that time and that is excusable. See how much time Niki, Keshi & SiD are taking?

silverine said...

Tag, you are it! :)

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: I am not accusing you of "everything" ;)
And I was talking to the unfinished tag, not the one you did. No chemical locha there, unless...

@Silverine: I may be passing my "Tagger of the century" crown to you soon ;)
I can hear somebody's heartrate going up by the thought of me taking up a tag. But don't worry, I will do it.

Cuckoo said...

Hahahahaha ....

Who's that somebody?? :P

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: Don't know surely. I can only hear "dil ki dhadkan" ;)

SiD said...

DONE!! seemed a tough tag and had to think about it.. but when u start writing.. it flows..

infact now after publishing I feel I could have written 2 3 more points..
par chalo.. i will leave that for future..

sparkle said...

you sound like a complete romntic and the choclate hero types. ha ha ha
sorry but your blog made me think of pigeons not eagles. that what this falcon thinks.
but this tag thing is real fun.
p.s: i meant pigeons in a nice way.

Amey said...

@Sid: There is one more blog coming where you got some flexibility in number of points. Anyways, since you copied my points, you can add your "original" ones even if you exceed the numbers ;)

@Sparkle: Romantic? Chocolate hero? Believe me ma'm, I have sent my seconds with my card to gents for far less than this ;)
Anyways, always happy to welcome another bird here. And I agree, pigeons are nice... for breakfast ;)
Seriously though, why do you think I am romantic type? Just from this tag?

sparkle said...

well i though you were romantic coz you actually had patience to watch the kind of movies that you did, even if you were a movie buff, all the movies you mentioned were romantic movie or some love drama types so i guessed.
your reply suggests i might be wrong.

Amey said...

@Sparkle: As I said, I could even sit through them, which shows how incurably movie-maniac I am ;)
And sorry if I sounded like I was biting your head off, never take anything I say so seriously. :D

Cuckoo said...

LOllll romantic???
Well, it was very clear what you wanted to convey. :)) It was not at all romantic :P
How she got that idea..

BTW, dear Fleiger, your blog is crying for another post.

sparkle said...

no offence taken fleiger.
cuckoo it's just the names of the movies that made me think that way. i'm new here so give me sometime to know you guys better.

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: Done...

@Sparkle: Cuckoos are fierce, much more than eagles ;)

Urvashi said...

Aah! I've watched some horrific movies myself, like "Pyar Ishq aur Mohabbat" & "Baaz - A Bird in Danger". And more recently the most torturous movie of 2006, "Jaan-e-mann"!!!
I like Tintin too! :D
I looooove reading. I read while having breakfast, and in the train on my way to work and on my way home. :D

Urvashi said...

BTW, could you type in a different font? Or make this one bold? I find it a bit difficult to read.
Just a suggestion...

Amey said...

@Phoenix: So a fellow birdie and a fellow reader. Now thats a person after my own heart :)
I have heard of the movie "Baaz" but luckily did not get a chance to watch it, thus sparing some of my brain cells.

sparkle said...

don't underestimate a falcon.

Amey said...

@Falcon: Not underestiamting anybody... remember this is an eagle talking ;)