Monday, September 18, 2006

A Blog About Blogging...

I promised Nikichan I will do this tag, and I keep my promises...

So, here goes the tag...


  • Are you happy/satisfied with your blog with it's content and look?
    - Look - Not completely, can be improved with some more effort, which I will put in some day.
    Content – not remotely.

  • Does your family know about your blog?
    - Not my parents, but my cousins know about my blog, and read it sometimes (at least that's what they say)

  • Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog or you just consider it as a private thing?
    - No, I would like my friends to read this blog. I know most of them don't, which might explain our continued friendship. Still, they don't know what they are missing, and I would like their comments sometimes.

  • Did blogs cause positive changes in your thoughts?
    - Reading blogs? Oh definitely. I am much better writer now than I was before I started reading others' blogs. (I bet you can't imagine what a bad writer I was before that now)

  • Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or you love to go and discover more by yourself?
    - I am Marco Polo and Hiun- Tsiang rolled into one when it comes to blogs...

  • What does visitors counter mean to you? Do you care about putting it in your blog?
    - I have a visitor count on both my blogs and an account at Google Analytics (which I check at least once a day). Go figure...

  • Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures?
    - Not real pictures. But yes, I try to imagine how my fellow bloggers would look like (except the ones I already know, no imagination involved there of course)

  • Admit. Do you think there is a real benefit for blogging?
    - When I am down, sad or bored, or when I have something better to do, but don't want to do it, I blog... or read blogs.

  • Do you think that bloggers society is isolated from real world or interacts with events?
    - No isolation here. Bloggers blog about real world events (mostly). Of course, given the fact that it is personal POV, I keep a dish of salt near my PC.

  • Does criticism annoying you or do you feel it's a normal thing?
    - Criticism makes me write better, and of course I can just ignore the comments I don't like any time I want ;)

  • Do you fear of some political blogs and avoid them?
    - I don't fear anything, nor do I avoid any blogs as long as they are not seriously political. (Hooked onto “The Colbert Report” currently, so you know my inclinations)

  • Did you get shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?
    - When I said blogger society is not isolated from real world, I didn't say anything about me. So, which bloggers got arrested? When? Where?

  • Did you think about what will happen to your blog after you die?
    - I would like somebody to push the “Publish” button on my last post (which will be written in anticipation very soon), which would be like my epitaph. And all those who don't comment on that post, you better not believe in ghosts.

  • What do you like to hear? What's the song you like to put its link in your blog?
    - My song? “Main Aisa Kyoon Hoon” - Lakshya. That's what I am. For others though, "Aane Char Aane" - Lage Raho Munnabhai

  • Five bloogers to be the next "victims"?
    - Since I don't want to be a victim, I throw this open. Anybody got time/inclination, do it. Cuckoo, it is not optional for you though ;)




The Great Eagle has spoken...

Quote of The Day:
Quotation, n: The act of repeating erroneously the words of another.
- Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914), The Devil's Dictionary

20 Comments:

SiD said...

Good one!!
And if i dont die b4 you.. i would surely comment on ur 'epitaph blog'... thats a promise..actually I dont want to be harrassed by bhoots in my budhapa.....hahahaha...

Amey said...

@Sid: That's the spirit... And after I wrote this, actually ghost writing on my blog is not sounding like a bad idea now...

Cuckoo said...

Lollll...
Hey not fair ! Of all the ppl, you chose me! Looks like you remember my puleeeese :P
I am just 2 months old here & won't be doing any justice if I do this tag now. But I take the challenge, will do it after I become atleast 6 months old.
Hmm.. your 'epitaph blog'.. now I feel like killing you :P before you post your epitaph. No question of ghosts then.

SiD, I remember you asking me why don't I want any more tags. Pls take this tag & do it nahi to mera bhoot aayega.

SiD said...

mere peeche kitne bhoot pade hain yaar..
@cuckoo.. i wud luv to do this tag.. but why take it from you.. i will get my own copy... from fleiger.. ;)

@fleiger: I consider u have already run the xerox and sent me my copy..
will to this tag soon too.. not getting enuff time actually .. have to go to office this week end also..:(

Cuckoo said...

SiD,
That's like a good boy. As long as you do this tag to scare away Fleiger's ghost, it's fine with me. :)
As I said, I'll do it later.

Fleiger,
And NO MORE TAGS FOR ME.
And NO MORE EVIL LAUGHS. ;)
Ha Ha Ha

Amey said...

@Tanushree: Thanks. And I wouldn't have put it better than this.

@Sid: Don't worry, this is not mandatory. I put the tag in open for this reason.

@Cuckoo: The bhootbadha will only happen if you don't comment on my epitaph post. Till then, no worries.
I wouldn't want to burden a two month old. You can do it any time you want, if you want. I was just kidding ;)
About ghosts, my epitaph post is already written and I have put it with a lawyer (with your comment). If anything happens to me now, all the world (ok, the 5-10 people who read this) will know what happened ...*evil laugh*
And I actually remembered your "Please", and I reserve the right to have an evil laugh when I want *evil laugh*

Cuckoo said...

I knew, you remembered my "please", was just confirming it. :P And I also knew what you gonna do if I write about killing you.
Best would be my going before your epitaph gets posted. It has 2 advantages-
1. no ghosts, no lawyers
2. No more tags

Btw, I have taken up the challenge..will definitely do it but not now. Let me grow a little.
Oh yes, you can always have your *evil laugh* :)

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: Don't worry. Do it at any time you want. I just wanted to tease you... And I don't make the same joke twice, so you don't have to be afraid of my next tags.

That said, unfortuntely (for you) the letter is already there (the lawyer keeps droping by in my apartment every day, he is a fellow student here) *evil laugh*

AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

here for d first time. ana amazing blog tempelate i must say. gud stuff too :)and then a blog about blogging

tulipspeaks said...

interesting note on blogging :)
as for me, my blog gv me a life..many may never understood the meaning, but yea, tulipspeaks gv me life.

cheers!

=ammu=

Amey said...

@Ajay: Thanks for dropping by... Keep visiting.

@Amutha: That's why I took up this tag voluntarily. Really makes you think (if you want of course ;)) about why you are writing...

Cuckoo said...

Hmm that's why I also took up the challenge :P
I am aware that your were teasing me.
BTW, That lawyer of urs is a friend of mine & keeps me updated. :)

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: Now that's interesting...

SeePearrl said...

"you better not believe in ghosts."
lolz...

Cuckoo said...

Yeah, Sid is right.

Amey said...

@White Forest: I am serious ;). And I forgot to ask last time, pastry or snow forest?

@Nikichan: Thanks... I hope I can write better. *fleiger bows*
Check out that website, you have a lots of lyrics of hindi songs.
And cuckoochan has my photo? :o

silverine said...

"I am Marco Polo and Hiun- Tsiang rolled into one when it comes to blogs..."

True and thank God fo that!!!! :) This was really well expressed. And i belive in ghosts, so do let me know when you croak so I will come and comment :p

Amey said...

@Silverine: I am greatful for that part too, wouldn't have found a great many of blogs I read otherwise.
And don't worry about my demise. Very soon after the event you will see an identical post on my blogs entitled something like "RIP... Finally" or "Now We Can Be At Peace".
Sorry, can't tell you specific title to look for, because can't expect my friends not to apply their imagination and give vent to their true feelings. And they are not afraid of ghosts, like me (and ghosts like me), so can't threaten them to keep the title I have used. But, you will get the message, don't worry...

Sreejith Panickar said...

(at least that's what they say)

ROFL!

One of the true benifits of blogging is that it allows you to read something when you have nothing else to do. A myriad of posts and topics; poems for poems, stories for stories, thoughts for thoughts... Blog is an effective time killer....

Amey said...

@Sreejith:
Blog is an effective time killer....
And may I add addiction?
It's very addictive to read some blogs you like, comment on them, then go back and see whether they have replies or not. Makes for a good relaxing break for sure.